- 1 (8 ounce) jar clam juice
- 3 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 quarts shucked clams, with liquid
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- In a small saucepan, heat clam juice and peeled potatoes. Bring water to a boil and let simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- In a large stock pot cook over medium high heat with a little butter or oil onions and celery until vegetables are soft.
- Add potatoes, clam juice and clams to the stock pot. Heat until simmering.
- In a separate pot, gently warm (do not boil) half and half. Pour warm half and half into the stock pot and heat just until warmed through. Do not boil the chowder or the cream will separate.
Add 2 tablespoons red wine viniger mix everything together and serve hot.